Former chief justice in E China province under investigation
BEIJING - Zhang Jian, former chief justice of Anhui Provincial Higher People's Court in East China has been put under investigation for suspected severe discipline and law violations, an official statement said Sunday.
Zhang is being investigated by the Communist Party of China Central Commission for Discipline Inspection and the National Supervisory Commission, according to the statement.
- Beijing city bans low flying vehicles around National Day
- Gas prices to rise in China
- HKSAR govt to cancel National Day fireworks display
- Sept 18 Incident memorialized across China
- National Day holiday travel forecast unveiled
- Museums partner to issue 'passport' to visitors